- Local server
- SciELO collection or instance
- Types of issues
- Sequential number
- Folders structure
- Programs folder
- Data folder
It’s a Windows computer where the PC Programs and SciELO website (local site) run.
SciELO collection or instance
SciELO Collection or instance is a website generated using SciELO Methodology, including the ones which do not use SciELO in their website name.
Examples of collections or instances: SciELO Brazil, SciELO Chile, SciELO Salud Pública, Rev@Enf, etc.
Types of issues
- regular or supplement
- number formed by articles and texts
- manuscripts that were approved by editorial board but they are not in a definitive issue. There is an ahead number by year.
- number whose purpose is to group accepted articles which are still under review, leaving only their metadata published. There is a review number by year. Note: at the site the name adopted is provisional
- pr (press release)
- number whose purpose is to group the press releases texts of a number or article. There is a pr number by issue.
The sequential number is a number formed by year (YYYY), followed by a number that gives the issue’s order within a year.
This number has two purposes:
- order of the issue within a year in the “all issues” page of the website
- forming PID.
DO NOT MODIFY THIS ITEM if the issue has already been published on the website.
By convention, the sequential number is:
- ahead = 50
- review/provisional = 75
- pr = from 100
|v.40 n.2 suppl.1||20095|
|v.40 n.1 pr||2009100|
SciELO PC Programs package has the folders:
- bin and xml_scielo, for programs
- serial, for data
You can install them in the same or different folders. BUT by CONVENTION, we recommend C:\scielo\bin and c:\scielo\serial.
Examples of the same folder:
- c:\scielo\bin… and c:\scielo\serial
- d:\scielo_v4.0\bin and d:\scielo_v4.0\serial
Examples of different folders:
- c:\scielo\bin… e d:\scieloserial
- d:\scielo-programs\bin… and d:\scielo-dataserial
It contains the programs. E.g.: \scielo\bin
In this folder are all data, all the databases.
- title: it contains data records related to the journal
- section: it contains data records of sections of the table of contents
- issue: it contains the records of journal’s issues
- code: it contains tables of codes/labels
- PubMed: is used in order to archive the XML files sent to PubMed
- ISI: is used in order to archive the XML files sent to ISI
- several Journal’s folder: which contains the issues of the journal
It contains several folders, each one for each issue of the journal.
- It contains folders like:
- markup: articles and text files, with markup
- body: articles and text files, original, no markup
- pdf: articles and texts in PDF format
- img: image files extracted from the PDF files
- base: the databases generated by Converter from the files of markup and body folders.
- There are rules to name theses folders:
- Folders for regular numbers and supplements: v, followed by the volume number, s, followed by the supplement to volume, n, followed by the number issue, s, followed by the supplement number
- v31n1 (volume 31, number 1)
- v31n1s1 (volume 31, number 1, supplement 1)
- v31n1s0 (volume 31, number 1, supplement)
- v31s0 (volume 31, supplement)
- v31s1 (volume 31, supplement 1)
- v31nspe (volume 31, special number)
- v31n3a (volume 31, number 3A)
- Review / Provisional’s and ahead’s folder: publication’s year, n, followed by the word review or ahead
- Ex-review/provisional’s and ex-ahead’s folders: ex-, followed by publication’s year, n followed by the number. NOTE: Converter creates these folders, because it is only way to control data files which were review/provisional and/or ahead once.
- Press releases’ folders: it follows the same rules of regular numbers and supplements, review / provisional and ahead, adding pr at the end of the file name.
- v31n1pr (press release of volume 31, number 1)
- v31n1s1pr (press release of volume 31, number 1, supplement 1)
- v31n1s0pr (press release of volume 31, number 1, supplement)
- v31s0pr (press release of volume 31, supplement)
- v31s1pr (press release of volume 31, supplement 1)
- v31nspepr (press release of volume 31, special number)
- v31n3apr (press release of volume 31, number 3A)