Desktop application (Visual Basic, CDS/ISIS database) to manage the tables of codes/values used by SciELO Methodology.
Used in the Local Server
This program is only used if it is necessary to change data of the customizable tables (newcode database)
Opening the program
Or use the Windows Explorer:
(or corresponding to c:\scielo)
Managing the tables
- Select File > Open:
- Restricted Area is used only by SciELO Methodology team. It is password protected. (Code database)
- Customizing Tables is to manage the customizable tables. (Newcode database)
Accessing a table
Select the name of one of the tables, then click on the […] button.
The program will display the selected table:
The data of the table will be presented as: code | label in Portuguese | Spanish | English. But if there is no dependence on any language, only one column is displayed.
Removing a row of the table
- Select a row to delete. Its data will be presented at code and labels fields of each language.
- Click on Remove button.
- Click on Save button.
Updating a row of the table
- Select a row to update. Its data will be presented at code and labels fields of each language.
- Change the data.
- Click on Update button. The updated row will be displayed in the list.
- Click on Save button
Creating a new row
- Fill in the fields: code and label of each language or only one if it is not depending on a language.
- Click on Add button.
The new row will be displayed at the end of the list.